By using PageNorth Ltd services, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. PageNorth reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice, and your continued use of PageNorth services constitutes your consent to such changes.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. PageNorth will provide an ongoing set of online services including website design, copy and editorial development, search engine optimisation, e-commerce, marketing, hosting and maintenance/website updates as described on the signup page for each specific service.
2. LIMITATIONS OF SCOPE. PageNorth will not be responsible for work that is beyond the scope of services set forth in the subscription plan in effect at the time Client initiates the service. Any changes to the scope of services will not be effective unless approved by both parties and additional costs identified agreed.
3. MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY. PageNorth will provide certain tools, methods and resources to Client that are intended to help Client grow and build its business. However, Client is fully and exclusively responsible for its own business performance, security and Customer satisfaction. In addition, Client has full and exclusive responsibility for understanding and ensuring compliance with any regulatory, legal or contractual obligations related to Client’s business, including without limitation, data held by Client and its Clients, information provided by Client to their Clients and/or other third parties and any safeguarding and security measures that may be required. PageNorth may participate in implementing needed systems, services and functions, but Client is solely responsible for the final outcomes, actions taken and results produced.
4. COPYRIGHT. All content produced by PageNorth within the scope of Services including software and web code, contents, graphics and design, or material developed or licensed by PageNorth for Client as part of the Services is copyrighted by PageNorth and remains the exclusive property of PageNorth. Upon termination of this Agreement, copyrights shall remain with PageNorth. After the initial agreement period of service and full payment, if Client chooses to cancel this agreement per the conditions in Section 6 below, all client supplied images and other text based files used to create the Client website and marketing will be provided electronically and can be used indefinitely by Client for their company website, newsletter and other marketing collateral. This use will be restricted to the Client company use only and Client does not have any rights to resell, license or otherwise allow 3rd parties use of the content. It will not include any PageNorth copyrighted or licensed content, including software, web code, WordPress themes and plug-ins, third party software or licenses.
In the event PageNorth ceases business operations and providing the services described in this agreement all client supplied images and other text based files used to create the Client website and marketing will be provided electronically and can be used indefinitely by Client for their company website, newsletter and other marketing collateral. This use will be restricted to the Client company use only and Client does not have any rights to resell, license or otherwise allow 3rd parties use of the content. It will not include any PageNorth copyrighted or licensed content, including software, web code, WordPress themes and plug-ins, third party software or licenses.
5. ADVERTISING LINK. Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that PageNorth shall have the right to use the name of Client, including the Client Web Site, for reference as a customer of PageNorth services for referral and marketing purposes. PageNorth will insert a line in the footer on all websites advising the site is "designed and powered by PageNorth" or other similar statement with a clickable link to a landing page on https://pagenorth.co.uk.
6. TERM/TERMINATION. Except for reasons of non-performance by either party, there are no early settlement rights attached to the agreement which shall remain in force for the minimum initial period agreed and automatically renew for a minimum initial 12 month period or additional extended period agreed with client and, following this, subsequent one (1) month periods until it is formally terminated in writing or email. PageNorth will start subscription billing to Client beginning the date client agrees to these terms of services. Termination of this agreement requires written or email notice delivered ninety (90) days prior to the desired date of termination. A repeated failure to make payment by date due during any period gives PageNorth the option for immediate termination of services and process to recover the full balance of any payments remaining due for the initial agreed period or subsequent renewal period. Upon the expiration or termination of this Agreement for non-payment or non-performance by client, (i) all licenses granted by PageNorth to Client hereunder shall automatically terminate and Client shall immediately cease its use of the licensed content and other provided marketing collateral, and (ii) Client’s right to the Services afforded to PageNorth’s Clients shall automatically terminate.
7. PAYMENT FOR SERVICES. Client will pay monthly fees to PageNorth for a subscription to Services as described in PageNorth plan in effect at the time of this agreement and for the license to use the PageNorth web services, software and licensed content in conjunction with these services. Payment will be made by automatic credit card transactions or GoCardless Direct Debit. Invoices will include monthly subscription fees and any additional fees for elective or other additional Services that have been purchased by the Client. Invoices will be issued and automatic transactions processed on the Renewal Date as described in Section 6 above. PageNorth reserves the right to assess and collect late-payment charges of 1.5% per month on past due balances. All prices quoted on this site exclude UK VAT.
8. WARRANTY. PageNorth shall provide its services and meet its obligations under this Agreement in a timely and professional manner, using knowledge and skills consistent with generally acceptable standards in PageNorth’s industry, and will provide a standard of care based on commercially reasonable efforts. The services and all products provided as part of the services are provided “as is” and PageNorth disclaims, and client waives, any warranties, express or implied, as to the merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose, title, non-infringement or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation related to the services. PageNorth does not warrant that the software or any products or services provided hereunder will be uninterrupted, secure or error-free. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Company be liable for any direct, incidental, special or consequential damages or otherwise, including any damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Website. The Company shall not be responsible for any damages or costs whatsoever that result from security breaches, mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Except to the extent finally determined to have resulted from the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of PageNorth, PageNorth’s liability to pay damages for any losses incurred by client as a result of breach of contract, negligence or other tort committed by PageNorth, regardless of the theory of liability asserted, is limited to no more than the total amount of the most recent three (3) months of base fees paid under this agreement. In any case, PageNorth and its licensors will not be liable for lost profits or any consequential, indirect, punitive, exemplary or special damages. In addition, PageNorth shall have no liability to client arising from or relating to any third party hardware, software, information or materials. PageNorth is also not liable for direct or indirect damages created by viruses, hackers or other malicious or accidental destruction of systems or data, though PageNorth will attempt to prevent or minimise exposure to such risks.
10. INDEMNIFICATION. Subject to the provisions hereof, Client shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless from and against any and all amounts payable under any judgment, verdict, court order or settlement for third party claims brought against PageNorth and its licensors arising from products or services related to this Agreement. Conversely, PageNorth shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless from and against any and all amounts payable under any judgement, verdict, court order or settlement for third party claims brought against Client arising from the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of PageNorth.
11. GOVERNING LAW. You agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be treated as though they were executed and performed in Scotland and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland (without regard to conflict of law principles). All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement related to the use of PageNorth services shall be brought solely in Scotland. PageNorth Limited is a company registered in the United Kingdom with registration number SC513895. Registered Office, Itek House, 1 Newark Road South, Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland, United Kingdom,